Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bye bye Celtic Solstice

I've made up my mind: I will not finish the Celtic Solstice I started.
Although it is a terrific design and I learned a lot while participating in my first mystery quilt ever, this is not the quilt I "fell in love" with.

Before I start something new I have decided to set up a sewing corner in a little spare room and sort all my stuff. That gives me the opportunity to re-discover old fabrics that have been stored in boxes for many years and making up my mind about if I really still want to keep them.
Just for your information: the fabrics are all kind of fabrics except quilting fabric.

The little room is currently being used as a place to store everything that needs to be sorted - including a part of the boxes, baskets, bags and containers with my quilting materials.


At first I took everything out (except the book cases) and put it in the guest room. That immediately sets a deadline: in a few weeks our son, his wife and their 8 month old daughter will stay with us for a few days, so by then the guest room needs to be cleaned out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment