Monday, December 16, 2013

Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt #3 - Jealous.....or not?

Clue #3 has been out a few days now, and the link-up has gone live as well.

Every time I look at the pictures of other participants I get a bit jealous... 
You wonder why? 
Well - because I see a lot of perfect blocks in beautiful color combinations. 
Color combinations I won't be able to make.

I hardly buy any fabric for quilting. I really love to play with re-purposed materials: old clothing, table cloths, sheets and everything else that is usable for sewing. Family and friends know I can always use any kind of fabric for quilting, so every now and then my stash is extended with unexpected materials.

So, when I look at all those perfect blocs I feel a bit jealous – just a bit. 
This mystery quilt was supposed to be a scrap quilt and that is what mine will be: a very unique scrap quilt. 

As I don’t have a lot of fabric of each color I make only a few blocks of every clue. Just to see what it’s going to look like and to learn all the techniques – as mostly everything is new to me!

And you know what? My blocks may not be perfect, but I made them myself and I am proud!


9 comments:

  1. I was drawn into your link because of the AMAZING colour combo - I can't wait to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny enough, so did I ! Love your colour choices
    Beverley in NZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are wonderful. You are doing a true scrap quilt. That's what it is all about. You should be very proud of yourself. Keep up the great sewing and I can't wait to see you progress more and a finished top.
    It's fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you considered that we might be jealous of you? Your eye for color is outstanding, and the use of your scrap fabrics in the Celtic Solstice units are a gorgeous combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I followed you here because of your color combos too - they're beautiful! You should consider making more units so that you can finish them in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your color combinations! I had to buy fabric as I don't have a stash. Yes, you read that correctly. I don't buy anything until I figure out what I would do with it. Once I buy it, I make it. Guess I'm just a tight wad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. no quilt police here....just enjoy yourself...love your colors also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always say if it looks ok from a galloping horse, it will do. Your fabrics and colors are very pretty...fun to just do a few and play along!

    ReplyDelete